Click here Bookmark this page!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Having to be working with the sunshine industry is such a blessing. What bothers me is the dying industry in the Philippines - which is the Lokal Komiks. Help revive the lokal komiks industry. Below are the recommendations I've made which you will love. The prices will only cost you 1 hour of phonetime. For managers, it will only cost you 1 minute of staring at your monitors.

1. Ang Kagilasgilas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni ZsaZsa Zaturnnah by Carlo Vergara. Super nakakatawa! As in! LOL talaga ako dito habang binabasa ko! Mabuhay ang mga kabadingan sa mundo! Hahaha

2. Cast by Nautilus. Even though the plot is about highschool students, you will surely be able to relate with it. I don't know why, but I was able to feel every emotion of the characters in it. Maybe it's the storytelling that is well told. And btw, this is headed by the talented Elbert Or.

3. Kikomachine by Manix Abrera. A comic strip about everything. Korni sa una pero matatawa ka dahil marerealize mo super nakakatawa ang mga jokes na korni!!! At marerealize mo na isa ka rin dito sa mga characters niya. na-gets mo ba? rak en rol!

4. Beerkada by Lyndon Gregorio. No need for introduction. I know you guys have been reading this since college.

5. Fresh komiks atbp. For the anime lovers out there, I recommend you this book. Far much better than Neo comics. oops.

6. Kubori Kikiam by M David. Sa mga bastos diyan, magugustuhan niyo ito!

7. Elmer by Gerry Alanguilan. A comic book that is well-illustrated. You'll probably wonder what this is about. Yes, it's all about chickens. Chicken Mcdo, Chicken Burger, KFC and Max fried chicken. But for curiosities sake, just buy the book and read it.

8. Siglo:Passion by Nautilus. About Passion of Filipinos just like you and me. Yup your money is worth this book. A complied short stories from different comic book writers and artists. Man, I love it!

9. Carpool by Syeri Baet. Clean fun. Pwede sa mga kids! Enjoy to' basahin because of the simplicity that made it perfect!

10. Mythology Class by Arnold Arre. Medyo mahaba siya ha kaya carry lang. Enjoy to get to know different elemental spirit!

7 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger A.Fuentes said...

Namamatay na nga tlga ang komiks sa pinas... kakalungkot. Pero ndi pa nmn tlga siya patay. Saludo tlga ako kay Kuya pol medina! Best selling pa rin ang pugad baboy =)

"Far much better than Neo comics. oops" haha kulet nmn ni ate hazel! haha =)

I've taken a glance of some of these comics and, well... Let's just take it this way: If these comic books and callwork will be on sale, I'd buy callwork. Callwork is what a comic should be. Even though I'm still in college, I find your work interesting. It's not the "call center" that makes your comics interesting but the characters... Kya nmn more power sa callwork! =)

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read some of your recommendations. I like kikomachine, cast and beerkada. I'm not familiar with the others. Sa totoo lang, masgusto ko pa rin ang mga imported na comics kesa sa local. Di ko rin nagustuhan masyado ang mga arnold arre na novel.

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will love "these" comics? Geez! I already love callwork! and of course... the creator of callwork ;p

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger A.Fuentes said...

thank you po sa comment! =)

About beerkada: I must admit I love beerlenium and beerkados... and I really admire kuya lyndon for that. =) But... I don't know if it's just me... beerkada changed. I miss the days when beerkada jokes were simple yet funny...

Anyhow, I still can't find a comic book that will beat Calvin & Hobbes =) Bill Watterson is a genius! Sadly, it's also a foreign comics... and it's very expensive =p

And thank you for the recommendation, ate hazel! =) I'll look for Siglo once I pass the bookstore =)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

Well i must admit there are jokes that are not suited for a comic strip (Beerkada) esp. the ones apprearing in the newspaper - sometimes you will think - what's this about? Pero with regards with the book- ok naman siya as a whole

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger jonasdiego said...

Thanks for visiting! :)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger hlF said...

rak en roll~! ive already read most of the stuff you reccomended. good list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork