Click here Bookmark this page!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Random Thoughts...comics, work, Quest: mentor (magulo na thought)

Manila Bulletin printed out my comics today in color... I dunno if they will continue that moving forward...
Coming home earlier made me think of what I have done. I have: reprimanded an employee for sleeping during work hours, disapproved a vacation leave from a below average performer, and said some hurtful words to a subordinate. Seems like an ordinary day. This happens almost everyday in a call center. And in the end I would need to smile and make sure they won't be holding a grudge against me. What a shit.
I was checking the missed calls in my phone for the last week and there's this company who keeps on calling... I don't even want to think what to do... they are offering a high position but knowing my current company, they wouldn't let just anybody go. Especially me who, haven't even stayed yet for six months. My options are: 1. Render 90 days upon resignation (which I strongly object!) 2. Pay them 3 months equivalent of my salary or they have the right not to accept cash in lieu and command me to (here we go again) RENDER 90 DAYS upon resignation. 3. Terminate myself and pay them 1 month worth of my training which is Php75,000 (ulol ba sila? terminated na nga magbabayad pa! ) 4. propose a fake medical certificate which should be proven.
So I think about the OTHER company. Well, I'm currently working with Indians and I would rather work with them than people from Australia...
If I think about it again, this company isn't so bad... they give me big big money for my successful referals, they give me huge salary for doing almost nothing... ok there are works to do. Maybe I'm just enjoying my work too much that I don't notice that I'm actually working when doing my paperworks. There are no American in house clients... meaning NO Pressure. They gave me an international corporation credit card paid by the company plus a checking account, they give us budget for our AMM (all managers meeting), free six sigma certification, plus plus other perks.
Again, these would make me refuse to jump into that australian call center company but wait... it's a higher position! (oooh my head hurts now... ) sometimes its not always the position...it's not the money... it's the people you work with. (teka familiar itong saying.........ah! galing kay VP Roland Gaerlan ng ACS.)
Another thought came in, speaking of VP's, there's this Indian guy, a vp from operations who can make a good mentor. Maybe not. He doesn't really mingle with people. Oh well, he started approaching my desk this week for some small talks. Maybe it all started when I asked him to move me to Wachovia then he said no because I need to stay with GE Money for 18-24 months. Shit. Which made me conclude that my best mentor would be my experience.
Americans... yeah my american counterpart in Ohio seems mad at me today for not calling him to inform that their agents can go on break. He has been pinging me that they were hungry. Doesn't he know the schedule? Anyway, it doesn't make me right since he is still the CLIENT.
Speaking of The Client, I still need to read John Grisham's the client. I never started it eversince I purchased it.
Lastly, I just want to say "i love you!" to my crush (yihee!) as if he reads this trash.

7 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gad... it's so hard to get out of your company! newey, luv u 2!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

henry - hindi para sayo yan' iloveyou ko..lol

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting call center comics. Have you guys checked out http://callcentercomics.com?

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous - yup we have seen that last year... and it doesnt appeal me much since it sides with the american customers instead of call cneter agents.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger kC said...

i also want to leave my company kaso... sayang yung mga perks like petiks mode, medicard, 13th month pa, etc. etc hehehehe

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!!! kamusta ka ha? gimik tayo diyan sa inyo!

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!!! kamusta ka ha? gimik tayo diyan sa inyo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork