Click here Bookmark this page!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Local Comic Strips Compilation

I was browsing the bookstore earlier when I saw a new comic strips compilation entitled "Cels talk". It's a comic strip also serialized in Manila Bulletin every Sunday. What surprised me was the price... it was Php 195. Whoa! Published by New Day publishers, how can you expect sales from that book? Pugad baboy 19 is at Php 145, Chopsticks at Php110 and Kikomachine at Php135. Looking at the book, Cels Talk is smaller and thinner (I think because of the quality of paper?) than the others.

"Chaka" chronicles is a good read. It was also published by New Day back in 2002-2004. Serialized in Tempo, it is about this 29 year old chubby single girl keeping three jobs and a 21 year old model boyfriend. Again, the book is thin and priced quite high. Luckily, I was able to grab this very old book. It was the last one as well.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks. I'll be checking out Chaka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork