Click here Bookmark this page!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dra. Yap Comic Review

Here the first review of my upcoming comics this weekend in Metro Comicon. Thanks Raipo!

"I was at SkyCable's Gamer vs. Gamer event last Saturday to cover the event for Joystiko, read all about it here. I had the chance to rub elbows with the Komikon people most notably: Lyndon Gregorio, Hazel Manzano, Andrew Villar, Gio Paredes, Syeri Baet and hubbie Jon Zamar.I was lucky enough to score copies of Hazel and Andrew's new stuff even before the Metrocon. Here's what I think about them (Don't worry, read on. Guaranteed spoiler free):First up is Hazel's Dra. Yap. You might be familiar already with Hazel's Callwork comic strips and by far this is one of her first forays out of the series (the first I believe, was a story from the Komikero Anthology). The cover explicitly says: 'A true story about a doctor who unknowingly joined Satanism' and that alone is enough to get somebody's attention. I should know, I was reeled in, hook line and sinker into buying this. And I was not disappointed. I'm pretty sure there would be people who would think twice on reading a story about Satanism, but once a reader gets past through that, Dra. Yap unfolds into a very real and solid eye-opening story. Hazel gave her signature autobiographical style out on this one, which will have anyone who will read the comic something to relate into. Also, despite the subtitle, there's none of the morbid stuff associated with comics containing one of the Devil's names here. Give this one a spin, trust me. "
Check the whole review here together with Magiting and No parking Comics

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger The Raipo said...

All in a day's work :)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

Raipo - Uu nga ang bilis mo tsong! sana kasama ka sa Cebu con

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger The Raipo said...

Kilala mo naman ako, hamak na alagad ng komiks :)

Titingnan ko pa Hazel kung makakasama ako sa Cebu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork