Click here Bookmark this page!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

Dear readers, this will be one of the most important blog entry that I am about to make. You see, I am jobless for the whole year of 2010. When I resigned with Genpact, I gave my last full months' salary away to the church. No, I am not the religious type. I just wanted to tell God that He is the one who is in control of my life. I am Chinese... and in the Chinese tradition, 2010 is the most awful year for a monkey like me. I guess the stars and the planetary alignments don't affect me anymore since I am also a Christian. To my amazement, 2010 has still been an abundant year. I am still able to buy what I want, I am able to give everything to Tara, there was no lack in our house, it was like I'm still working in a call center but in this case I was enjoying time with my daughter, family, friends and my comics FULL TIME. And yes, I was able to get the good night sleep I was asking like a year ago.
I think what's more important in this year was the release of Proud Callboy which became an instant best seller in National Bookstore. God knows I was really looking forward to that income. hehe. But what really fulfilled me was Dra. Yap comics. For many years, I had kept Dra. Yap's story and there was this little voice or 'feeling' that told me to, you know, just get it out there. It was good enough for me. I am happy the way it turned out. Call Center Confessions or Callwork 3 is supposed to be released this 2011 summer Komikon. Now I am not really sure about that. I will part of a new Indian BPO to set up a call center here in the Philippines come January 2011. It is, finally, a day shift job. Philippine time alas! I will be managing the MIS and WFM for the Philippine site and I already anticipated how hectic my schedule will be for the 2011. Still, I will try to release Callwork 3 sometime next year. Advance apologies if I will not make it to Komikstrip 2011 in UP LosBanos this February. I realized what is more important than making comics is giving jobs to thousands of Filipinos out there.
2010 has been the happiest, most memorable year so far, for me. I met good friends in the comics world that you will not find in a corporate set up, I was able to spend quality time with Tara and her schooling and I enjoyed my health. God has been an awsome God even if there were times I feel like I have been bad. LOL. Thank you to all people I met this year, to all the call center agents who continuously support my works, and to the Komikero peeps who became my support group. I love you all guys!
To those who are wondering what Dra. Yap is all about, you may buy it in Sputnik Cubao X or in Comic Odyssey Robinsons Galleria for a very cheap price.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger plsburydoughboy said...

Congrats Hazel! Hope this is the year you can turn komiks making into a career for realz!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger The Raipo said...

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to more of your material.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger kc cordero said...

meri krismas, hazel. :)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

Doughboy - I already turned 2010 into a komiks career fulltime... ok na yun. :) day job naman ngayon

Raipo - Uu naman, ako pa, never nawawalan ng material hahaha. Happy nwe year!

Kc- Merry Christmas also! See you soon!!!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger rontan said...

merry christmas sis hazel!

as a christian myself, i admire what you did with your last paycheck. truly, a sign of faith! i totally subscribe to this idea: GOD is in total control of our lives! i know he'll always take good care of you and tara. more comics for us in 2011!
GOD bless you always! :D

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger rontan said...

as i've also said before, Dra.Yap was one of my best reads for 2010! the book gave me the shivers. it's like a very good horror movie, except in comic book form.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger manong calbo said...

Happy new year po :)

New work? Sa Ortigas ba yan? hehe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork