Click here Bookmark this page!

Monday, September 28, 2009

At Last! I Found Persepolis

After the typhoon Ondoy, I was able to go to the mall yesterday and watch "The Grudge 3". It's not funny and it's not scary. Grudge 3 is an American film which I find weird 'coz I'm used to watching Jhorror originals. This one doesn't have an "after effect" to me where I want to discuss the movie... unlike the Grudge 1 and 2. It's a waste of time.
Good news is that I was able to buy some comics. One is "Persepolis", an Iranian creator, which I have been hunting for the past months.

It's a thick grahpic novel and I found it in Powerbooks Fesitvall Mall and you get a free book for every purchase of Php1000! So I chose to get "Maintena Women on the Edge 5" comic book:
It's a European comic strips but has english translated version. Lastly, I was able to purchase the latest Archie Comics the proposal and the wedding!
The painting that I have been working on for the past month was about the flooded Manila. Then there, it came true! It was flooded all over in greater Manila area. Creepy! Good thing was south area (Alabang and Laspinas) didn't get flooded. I won't be posting my painting since it still needs a lot of work and I'm really lazy when it comes to painting. It's a completely different process from making comics.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger kc cordero said...

nakabili ako n'yang persepolis sa powerbooks MOA P300 lang nang mag-sale, hardbound pa. wow, daming komiks mo. ako matagal nang di nakalalabas ng bahay, tambak deadline. :)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

KC - what!? 300? baka persepolis 1 yun... Itong nakuha ko complete persepolis na... medyo makapal na

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork