Click here Bookmark this page!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Who is this Callwork?

I think it's about time to do this write up since I've been seeing some assumptions here and there about who this Hazel is of Callwork from different centers. Some say that I worked in this or that company. I only had 3 call center companies in my entire career. Not counting McCann Erickson Ad Agency where I had my internship.
I started working in Sykes Robinsons Summit building Ayala in 2002 as a customer service rep in American Express Brokerage (Wall Street) , which is now Ameriprise. I moved to ACS or Advanced Contact Solutions in Allied Bank building Ayala in 2004 working as an operations supervisor in MCI account. In 2007, I moved to Genpact in Alabang working as Portfolio Control Manager in GE Money Collections. Take note, there are no gaps in between the transitions I made. I have been working on night shift for a little more than seven years straight. Few months ago, I made the most important decision in my life and resigned (some would call it retired) as Workforce Manager effective Feb 2010. I gave up what could have been a great career there, but I felt I could make more of a difference as a comic artist.
No, I'm not totally closing the door to my call center career. Making money and saving money is easy in the call center. It made me able to support my family, and my own family since I am a single parent. My job has allowed me to do comics and self publishing. Which is an expensive hobby. Making money in the local comics industry is hard. Maybe I am comparing it to my income as a call center manager but it really is barya to be honest.
I'm now focusing in my distribution which was the major challenge back when I was still working. Yes, part of me got really tired working in a call center but to the people out there, who kept asking themselves whether to resign or stay in their call center, do not resign just because you are tired. I have been many times tired but I just kept on working. If I had stopped in those days I was tired, I wouldn't have the money to retire and start something I really wanted.
To those who have been assuming that I'm from that or this company, who knows? I might work there in the future once I'm done with my task list. But right now I wanted to invest on some stuff. Let me sleep at night muna. I missed it so much. Like one of my friends said, "Your career will always be there. You can always go back to your career but once the passion is gone, it won't come back anymore." True.

Updates on me! http://callworkcomics.blogspot.com/2010/12/goodbye-2010-hello-2011.html

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger kc cordero said...

Hazel the goddess,
Dumarating naman sa ating lahat ang pagsubok na pasukin ang ibang field o magbigay ng oras sa isang gawain na malapit sa ating puso. Madalas mangyari sa akin ang ganyan.
Ituloy mo lang. At least ay masusubukan mo ang isang bagay na noon mo pa gustong gawin. Alam ko rin naman na hindi mo gagawin 'yan kung hindi ka financially stable. I am pretty sure na habang hinahanap mo ang liwanag sa pagma-market ng iyong komiks ay mayroon ka namang naisubi para may madukot sa pang-araw-araw na gastusin.
At magbalik ka man sa iyong dating hanapbuhay, wala kang itatanong sa iyong sarili dahil ang bagay na noon ay itinatanong mo lang kung 'what if' sa iyong sarili, ngayon ay mayroon nang linaw.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

KC the guru- kaw naman, nasasanay na rin akong tinatawag mong goddess lolz! yeah, I believe it's better to do things , take risks, since... what is the use of this ship if we will just be still on the shore just because we want stability? kaya I decided to sail and go for an adventure in unfamiliar teritory.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger jonasdiego said...

Nice write up, Hazel! :D

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

@jonas-thanks dude!

@silvertooth26 - How are you? update mo naman blog mo! lolz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork