Click here Bookmark this page!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Production Thoughts Part 1

I will be releasing the 1st Callwork book next year. Whooo! Okey my first concern is whether to get a publisher or publish it on my own. Thank you Syeri Baet and Stan for helping me out with my concern. Here's the deal: Everything is easy if you will just get a publisher. The only challenge is the marketing and the royalty fee. Marketing: because you don't get to print your own posters/ ads... in a nutshell you can't do your own strategy. Royalty fee: It's only 10-20%. If I go with independent publishing, I would need to allot, 1 day to get the ISBN, 2 days for the Business Permit and BIR, a few more days to pitch it in bookstores. (heck, I will be consuming a lot of vacation leaves here.. this better be worth my time) Then the stock delivery to every store. (major major effort ito) Perks? I get to do my own marketing! yehey! And I get to keep more money in my pocket!

- Today, the Philippines has about 200,000 contact center professionals.
- Local companies hiring about 1,000 call center agents a month (TP is hiring for 3,000 seats as well as teletech)
- Considering the 19-percent yearly attrition, ex-call center employees still relate to Callwork.
- RP will produce 300,000 call center agents by 2010. (So that's 500,000) Remember, for every 15 agents, there is one supervisor and for every 5-10 supervisors there is one manager and so on plus the support group.
- There are currently 34 call centers in the Philippines (not counting the branches in provincial areas)

Stan said to produce at least 10,000 copies. My boss said to produce 1,000 copies first then just do reprinting - to be safe.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

SIlvertooth26 - thanks! I already linked u

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! I agree it will be a hit!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! May you have a prosperous year!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger jonasdiego said...

My suggestion is to print at least 3,000 copies so you can lower your price per unit making it more affordable to a greater number of people.

Good luck! Wishing you all the best! :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

harold - hows your xmas? hehe
apple - yup i can feel money coming in!!! as in!!!
jonas - 3000? sige im sure mas makakamura ako dun... pero i stll want to sell it at a higher price... alam mo na, may pera naman ang mga taga call center... lolz wag sila magdrama na mahal ang Php100 per book!!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger jonasdiego said...

Ha ha ha! Sabagay... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork