Click here Bookmark this page!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Digital Coloring for the First Time

I've been busy this past week making comics for a new project. Partly guilty for not going out last Saturday night with my boss. Anyway, I decided to be more productive than just drinking at a bar and having fun with my boss and some co-workers. So there... challenge that I've faced was digital coloring. I knew coloring would be a waste of time but then, if the comic requires you to submit in color, then you have no choice but to color your work. Here's a one page sample of the comics entitled, "Shabbie" that I am making. Shabbie used to be our dog for 13 years. She's a play poodle. Nope, this cartoon doesn't look like her though.

I'm not contented with how I colored it... but maybe next time I'll just use a wacom to deliver good results.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice dog!

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang ganda.

If you want to comment about me here is my cell number 09212761710.

That is what I really mean. Ang ganda. Ang ganda ng drawing. Ng coloring. Everything.

As a call center agent ang dami kong natutunan sa Callwork comics. You can also contact me in friendster: Rey_M_Teves@yahoo.com.ph

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

thanks guys! it's really a struggle to color this simple drawing.

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hail hazel!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger A.Fuentes said...

waw hindi biro ang magkulay =) Galing!

Wacom tablet po ba gamit niyo sa pagdrowing?

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

adrian - nope lapis at pen pa rin :)

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work! ok talaga ang colors!!!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

panalo ka gurlaloo. sama mo naman ako sa pangaarap mo! nice pics in galera btw

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your colors and everything! CUTE!!! More power!

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're gonna do it with a wacom tablet, for sure... your art is going to be so perfect already! Yan pa si hazel, and aming ultimate watercolor painter in UP FA Viscom! kakaiba talaga! but if you'll swtich to digital, baka hndi mo na ma-capture yung pagkulay mo na style... wishing you d best!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Hazel Manzano said...

byron at teletechbabe - salamat at nagustuhan niyo

ed - bonga kami sa picture diyan!

jp - nagpaturo ako kasi noon ng watercolor technique kay master... i forgot his name already... pero siya ang pinakamagaling. I wonder where is he now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Callwork